Scholarly Communication 101:
Starting with the Basics
Florida State University is one of just five sites selected nationally to host ACRL’s one-day, interactive overview of scholarly communication.
Topics to be covered include:
- Copyright and intellectual property
- Economics of publishing
- Open access and openness as a principle
- Scholarly communication activities in Florida
Presenters include Kevin Smith, Scholarly Communications Officer at Duke University, and Lee Van Orsdel, Dean of University Libraries at Grand Valley State University in Allendale, Michigan. Both presenters are faculty members in the ARL/ACRL Institute on Scholarly Communication and members of ACRL's Scholarly Communication Committee.
The workshop is appropriate for those with new leadership assignments in scholarly communication as well as liaisons and others who are interested in the issues and need foundational understanding.
Unfortunately registration is closed. You may still register but you will be placed on a waiting list.
Hosted by Florida State University Libraries in partnership with
- Florida Library Association
- Florida Association of College and Research Libraries
- University of Florida Libraries
- Florida A&M University Libraries
- University of Central Florida Libraries
- College Center for Library Automation