All FSU Videos
- You must check out all videos at the Circulation Desk on the Main Floor of Strozier Library.
- Only FSU Students, Staff, and Faculty may check out videos with valid FSU ID. (See borrowing policies for checkout periods.)
- Viewing stations are available in library for course reserve videos and other videos in our closed collection.
- Faculty may also:
Open DVD Collection at Strozier
Search the catalog for all videos
Open DVD Collection
- Check out to all FSU students with valid FSU cards.
- 2 DVDs at a time may be checked out for three days.
- Late overdue fines are 25 cents per day.
- No holds or renewals allowed.
Checkout and Return Procedure
- Check out and return all video materials to the Circulation Main Desk using a valid FSU Card.
- Never return fragile materials through library book drops – you could be charged a fee for damages.
Renewal Policy for In-Library Use (3 day) Items
- Renewals of media items can only be done in person at the Circulation Main desk. Please bring the video with you when renewing. No renewals by phone or email.
FSU Libraries Video Ordering Policy
- Videos are primarily acquired for instructional purposes at the request of FSU faculty.
- DVD Region 1 is the preferred format.
- If there is not a DVD format for a desired title, then the VHS (NTSC) format can be requested.
- Audio material should be requested through the Allen Music Library. We do not acquire audio books.
- FSU faculty can place a request by filling out the Materials (Books, Videos) Order Request Form. In place of “author” put “director”, in place of “publisher” put “distributor”, and in the “comments” be sure to state this is a DVD or VHS.
Faculty Express Delivery Service (FedS) for MEDIA
- Please request FedS mail delivery of materials using our online form.
- FSU Faculty and Teaching Assistants may request this service by registering first through FedS.
- All media items that are past their due date must be returned by the patron to the DMC. Do not return by intra-campus mail.