Librarians are available to meet with classes for instruction in the effective use of information resources.
Customized library sessions may be requested to introduce classes to the major research tools in specific disciplines, with an emphasis on the use and comparative value of these resources and how they fit into the context of the research process. Library instruction can provide specialized instruction to help students:
- understand the research process
- focus and narrow a topic
- locate a variety of materials on specific subjects
- distinguish primary from secondary sources
- recognize scholarly vs. popular articles
- explore information resources
- prepare for future research needs
- reduce library anxiety
Instructors wishing to arrange instruction for courses with a research component should complete the form below, allowing one week notice.