The Fred L. Standley Award
Florida State University Academic Librarian of the Year
Presented by the
Friends of Florida State University Libraries
The Fred L. Standley Award honors an outstanding faculty member within the University Libraries at the Florida State University for significant contributions to campus, state, national and/or international research librarianship and library development. It is named for Fred L. Standley, FSU Daisy Parker Flory Professor of English and twice President of the Friends (1989-1995; 2006-2008), first recipient of the Friends’ Distinguished Service Award, and for all of his long career in the English Department and the Faculty Senate a strong advocate for Florida State University Libraries.
Award: The winner is acknowledged at the Friends’ annual banquet, receives a framed certificate, and is identified on a plaque in the main lobby of Strozier Library.
Criteria: Individuals nominated must demonstrate achievements in areas such as:
- Planning and implementing a campus library program of exemplary quality.
- Superior service to students and faculty on and off the campus.
- Service to local, state, national, and international library organizations.
- Significant research and publications.
- Mentoring of students, faculty, library staff, and library professionals.
Submissions: Electronic submissions are required. Nominations may be made by students, colleagues, faculty, and supervisors (self-nominations will not be accepted), and should include:
- A current vita of the person being nominated..
- A letter from the nominator supporting the nominee.
- Up to three letters of support from any combination of patrons, colleagues, faculty, or supervisors.
A committee consisting of the Chair, Fred L. Standley Award Committee; President, Friends of the Florida State University Libraries; and Dean, Florida State University Libraries will make the selection. The file of the Standley Award winner will be forwarded to the FSU Office of Faculty Recognition for consideration for submission to state, national, and international award competitions.
Deadline for Submission: January 15.
E-mail nominating materials in one package with “Nomination of [ ~name~ ] for the Fred L. Standley Award” in the Subject Line to: email@example.com Decisions and announcement of winners will be made by February 15.