RefWorks | Zotero | EndNote
Citation management tools allow you to store and organize citations and files, as well as to create bibliographies formatted in major citation styles (MLA, APA, Chicago, etc.).
RefWorks is a web-based citation manager provided by the FSU Libraries for all Florida State University faculty, students, and staff that allows you to:
• Import references directly from online databases such as MEDLINE, PsycINFO, ERIC, etc.
• Store and organize references and files, such as images or full-text articles
• Create correctly-formatted bibliographies in all major styles (MLA, APA, etc.)
• Cite references inside Word documents and generate a correctly formatted bibliography as you write
• Export collections of references to other bibliographic software (such as EndNote)
Information for Off-Campus Users:
If you are off campus and asked for a Group Code, it is "RWFlorStateU"
You must have a recognized FSU IP address to set up your RefWorks account. Use the off-campus link in the upper right hand corner of this page to get a FSU IP address from off campus. Once your account is set up, you will be sent an access code which you can use to log in from off campus. After you have set up an account, you do NOT need to use the off-campus access to get access to your Refworks account.
If you do log into the off-campus access before logging into Refworks, you may receive an error message. If you need to use the databases and Refworks at the same time, we recommend that you log into your Refworks account FIRST, then log into the off-campus access to access the databases. RefWorks Resources and Information.
Zotero is a free, easy-to-use Firefox extension to help you collect, manage, and cite your research sources. It lives right where you do your work — in the web browser itself.
Get Zotero Now!
To make Zotero even more useful, add our open-url resolver's address! With this, you can easily lookup the full text of your saved articles from Zotero.
1. Click on the gear icon in Zotero
2. Click on preferences
3. In the resolver field, type in http://ha6lk3ly9z.search.serialssolutions.com/
4. Click ok
Now click on the Locate button to find the selected article's fulltext
Using Zotero From More Than One Computer
Like many researchers, you may find want to take Firefox, Zotero, and your research on the road with you. The easiest way to do this is to install Firefox Portable on a USB Drive, and then install Zotero on that Firefox software. You can do this by following these steps:
- Go to the Firefox Portable website and follow the instructions to download the software. Download the software to an easy-to-find place on your computer, such as your desktop.
- Make sure the USB drive you would like to use is plugged into your computer. If you'll be collecting PDFs with your citations, we recommend at least a 1GB USB drive
- Double-click on the file to begin the installation - When asked where to install, point the installer to your USB drive.
- Once the software is installed, use My Computer to go to your USB drive, and find the new "Firefox Portable" folder - double click on the FirefoxPortable.exe to start the program.
Make sure any other instances of Firefox are closed before opening your portable version.
- Using the new FirefoxPortable window, go to Zotero.org and click on the Download button to start the installation. Follow the directions and restart FirefoxPortable when you're finished.
- That's it! You now have FirefoxPortable and Zotero ready to go anywhere and anytime on your USB drive.
EndNote is bibliographic software that is available for purchase and installation on your computer. It will allow you to save and organize references, images, and other files and to create formatted bibliographies. EndNote Web is a component of EndNote that is available through the FSU Libraries. With EndNote Web, you can collect and organize references, format a bibliography, collaborate with others, and export references to an EndNote account.
• Log into EndNote Web
• Account Registration Information