Multimedia Creation and Viewing
Multimedia Services are currently being offered at the Strozier Library Main floor - near the Exit and Circulation Desk.
For additional help with multimedia services and research, consult our Multimedia Research Guide or come visit us.
- Help get started on becoming independent media creators and users
- Capture, edit, and burn video and audio.
- Scan, resize, and refine images.
Faculty and Instructors
- Incorporate sound, images, and video into classroom presentations.
- Get help with all sorts of projects, from preparing graphics for press to producing instructional videos and documentaries
Viewing stations are available on the Main Floor of Strozier Library near the Circulation Desk.
These can be used by current students and faculty with valid FSU ID to watch videos in both our closed, course reserves, and Open DVD collections.
Headphones are available for checkout with a valid FSU ID.
Equipment and Software
- Soundforge 8.0
- Garage Band (Mac)
- Soundtrack (Mac)
- Turntable, Mini-Disc Player/Recorder, DAT Player, Cassette Player/Recorder, Microphones
- Camtasia Studio 3.0
- Camtasia SnagIt 8.0
- Vegas 8.0
- DVD Architect
- Livetype (Mac)
- Final Cut Express HD (Mac)
- iMovie HD (Mac)
- iDVD (Mac)
- iSight Webcam (Mac)
- Sony Handicam MiniDV Video Camera (in-house use only), DV/S-VHS Dual Playback/Recording Decks, Sony DirectDisc DVD Burner, VHS Dubbing Deck
Graphics and Image Editing
- Photoshop CS2
- Fireworks MX
- Freehand MX
- Epson 10000XL, 2400XL, and 2450 Scanners; Wacom Tablet
Productivity, Presentations, Publishing
- Microsoft Office Suite
- Adobe Acrobat 8.0
- Adobe PageMaker
Frequently Asked Questions
- Do we have books on audio? Not currently, but the Leon County Public Library does, and we are working on it.
- Do we check out video camera or projectors? Pleae check with the Technology Center for Cameras, video recorders, and other equipment.
- Do you have a video camera available to use in Strozier Library? Yes, students may with the help of the staff record short presentations using video equipment located in the Technology area at the Circulation desk, strozier library.
- Can I copy commercial video, or make MP3's from my CDs? Only for educational purposes as permitted by US copyright law. Please brush up on fair use policy.
- Can I get a VHS video converted to a electronic format like a .mov or .wmv? Yes, we have analog to digital capturing hardware for this purpose. You may copy up to three minutes for instructional or educational use.
- Can I get audio cassettes converted to electronic formats like .wav or MP3? Yes. Fair Use guidelines apply to copyrighted material.
- Do you have a typewriter to use? Yes. Ask for it at our service desk.