The DLC staff is available Monday-Friday 8:00 am - 5:00 pm. Consulting services are available by appointment.
The Digital Library Center is located in the second floor of Strozier library in room 219.
Library Operation Supervisor
The Florida State University Libraries’ Digital Collections allows the public and research and learning communities to discover unique and exceptional digitized and borne digital materials held at Florida State University and partner institutions:
ASERL/DLG "Civil War in the American South" (Digital Library of Georgia)
UF/DLoc "University of Florida Digital Collections"
PALMM "Publication of Archival Library & Museum Materials"
The Digital Library Center provides selected drop-off digitizing services for non-textual materials in support of classroom teaching and student assignments. All requested digitization will be completed within a reasonable period, usually within two working days for batches of 20 items or less, and physical dimensions of 11 x 17" or less. Specialized scanning requests, and digitization of large-format materials, may require longer. Digital Library Center staff are available to help you determine the best digital formats that are appropriate for your content and intended uses.
- Note: Copyright restrictions apply to all digitization services
- Black & White/Grayscale Scanning (Flatbed scanning, maximum size 11" x 17", image or PDF file output)
- Digital Photographic Imaging (4 x 5" mounted digital camera, 24-bit color or 12-bit grayscale, maximum size 40 x 60", image file output)
- Slide and Film Scanning (Basic scanning and quality control for film scanning, including 16mm slides up to 8 x 10" transparencies)
- Consultation and training services include:
- Optical Character Recognition (OCR) to digitize printed text
- XML/SGML markup to encode and structure textual information
- Metadata and Digital Content Management
Electronic Theses and Dissertations
For Full Text Electronic Theses and Dissertations published at FSU from 2003 to present, visit the following link: http://etd.lib.fsu.edu/
There are selected dissertations published prior to 2003 that are available digitally. Visit this link for more information.
You can find 25,200 print and 3,500 digital FSU Theses and Dissertations published prior to 2003 by searching the online catalog here.
For more information on how to find theses and dissertations from other institutions, visit: Find ETDs.