The Office of Scholarly Communication supports the production, dissemination, promotion and preservation of scholarly research and creative works in a digital research environment. The Scholarly Communication team works with faculty, graduate students and undergraduates on questions related to sharing their scholarly work online, managing copyright to those works and the ongoing shifts in the system of academic publishing.
Areas of focus include:
- DigiNole Commons - FSU's institutional repository of faculty scholarly works, graduate thesis and dissertations and undergraduate research;
- Open Access - education and programs on access options for scholarly work;
- Author's Rights - information and resources on negotiating copyright transfer contracts for scholarly journal articles;
- Copyrights and Fair Use - information and resources on copyright as it pertains to academic publishing;
- Outreach - establishing partnerships with campus offices, faculty and administrators to further promote the schoalrly and creative works of FSU faculty.
Micah Vandegrift, Scholarly Communication Librarian