The mission of the University Libraries is to support and enhance the learning, teaching, research, and service activities of the Florida State University by providing organized access to quality information in all formats, promoting information literacy, preserving information and engaging in collaborative partnerships to disseminate ideas to advance intellectual discovery.
The Libraries’ collections include over 5.4 million volumes, with a website offering access to more than 446 databases, over 319,000 electronic journals, and over 2.8 million e-books.
For more information please read our FSU Library Brochure. (PDF)
The library is a member of the following organizations:
- Association of Research Libraries (ARL)
- Center for Research Libraries (CRL)
- Association of Southeastern Research Libraries (ASERL)
The Florida State University Libraries include eight libraries on the Tallahassee Campus:
- Robert Manning Strozier Library
- Dirac Science Library
- Claude Pepper Library
- College of Music Allen Music Library
- School of Library & Information Studies Goldstein Library
- College of Law Research Center
- College of Medicine Maguire Medical Library
- FAMU/FSU Engineering Library
Other FSU Libraries, Museums, and Research Centers include:
- FSU Panama City, Florida Library and Learning Center
- FSU Panama, Republic of Panama
- John and Mable Ringling Museum of Art
- FSU Florence, Italy Study Center
- FSU London Study Center
"This library is a congressionally designated depository for U.S. Government documents. Public access to the government documents collection is guaranteed by public law."