FSU Libraries introduces a next-generation catalog and discovery interface in July 2021.
This upgraded OneSearch system optimizes your ability to find and request items. It also provides a robust new search experience, allowing you to search across our collections and many databases from a single interface.
This upgrade is part of a long-term statewide project and touches almost all aspects of our library operations. Since academic libraries across Florida are using these new tools, we are able to streamline UBorrow and other statewide programs. We look forward to developing innovative and useful services to meet the needs of the FSU community both now and in the future.
Here is what you need to know:
1. UBorrow services have been suspended until mid-July. This pause is necessary to allow libraries across Florida to manage their inventory and data during the transition. UBorrow items will not be able to be renewed during this period.
What to do:
- Use Interlibrary Loan to request items that FSU Libraries do not own.
2. Some links to library materials will change in early Fall. Links to our current catalog and OneSearch system may not work properly after August, even if they are “permalinks.” Links generated from library databases and vendor eBook platforms other than the catalog and OneSearch will not be affected.
What to do:
- Check the links that you and your students use to access library materials. Consider links in Canvas, on your syllabi, in your CV, or in the citation managers that you use when conducting literature reviews.
- If the links contain “fsu.catalog.fcla.edu”, “site=eds-live”, or "site=pfi-live", they will be able to be updated with a new OneSearch link after July 13. Resources hosted on any platform other than EBSCO can be updated now to the vendor specific permalink.
- Links that go directly to databases (JSTOR, Web of Science, etc.) and links that contain “DOI” followed by a long number will not be affected.
- Record or export the citation information for links that will be changing, so you’ll be able to easily identify the correct items in our new search system later this summer.
3. Improved workflows have been implemented for requesting materials. Services such as Library Express Delivery (LEDS) and book holds can be placed within OneSearch.
What to do:
- Visit Borrowing Materials for guidance on how to request materials, as well as our borrowing terms and policies.
4. The new and improved OneSearch interface launches July 13, 2021.