On February 28, 2018 members of the Dean of Libraries Search Committee, Search Committee Chair Sam Huckaba, and Mr. Alberto Pimentel of Storbeck/Pimentel & Associates will host a series of meetings with key Libraries stakeholders to discuss the Dean search and gather information. This is an opportunity for various campus and community constituents to share their thoughts and comments regarding the qualities and characteristics sought in the new Dean. Information gathered from these sessions will be incorporated in the position announcement and used by the committee to develop the criteria by which candidates will be evaluated. The Search Committee is most interested in exploring the following questions:
1. Based on your experience at Florida State University, how would you describe the short(immediate) and long term(three to five years) challenges and opportunities facing the Libraries and the next dean?
2. Given the opportunities and challenges you have identified, what professional experience and qualifications must the successful candidate possess? What personal qualities must the new Dean have in order to be a good “fit” with the Florida State University community?
3. What are the immediate initiatives that the Dean must be aware of and embrace?
4. What are the key positive attributes of Florida State University and the local community that the search firm should communicate to candidates? What are the most attractive features of Florida State University and how might those be used to attract the right candidates?
As a valued member of the Libraries community, we invite you to participate in these important meetings.
Thank you for your assistance and we look forward to hearing from you on February 28, 2018.
- Your input is very important to us. If you are unable to attend the session please access the following to submit your comments electronically - https://www.surveymonkey.com/r/Z9M7RWZ
Schedule for the day:
9:00am - 9:45am Strozier/University Libraries Sr. Leadership | Room 005A
10:00am-10:45am Faculty | Bradley Room
11:00am-11:45am USPS & A&P University Library Staff | Bradley Room
12:00- 1:00pm Break
1:00pm-1:45pm FSU Library Directors outside of Strozier/ Stakeholders Outside of FSU
Conference Call | Room 005A
2:00pm-2:45pm Other Stakeholders at FSU | Room 005A