Have you ever passed through Strozier and thought of something that may improve efficiency, might work better or just might make more sense? Joining one of out Student Advisory Councils maybe be for you, but hurry because they are filling up fast!
About the Councils
FSU Libraries Student Advisory Councils offer students a more formal venue for interacting with and improving your University Libraries (Strozier, Dirac, and FAMU-FSU Engineering). By opening communication channels between undergraduates and graduates across various disciplines, the Libraries can better serve all students, faculty, and staff. In addition, the Councils provide a leadership opportunity for students by establishing them as links between the Libraries and their peers. The Libraries Councils allow an opportunity to engage in conversations regarding library policies, services, collections, and issues.
● To communicate ideas regarding the improvement and implementation of new and existing library services and policies.
● Allow students an opportunity to serve as representatives for their peers in academic departments and campus organizations in considering Library suggestions and concerns.
● Discuss ways in which the Libraries can better reach and serve FSU students.
Council Descriptions & Meeting Times
● Undergraduate Student Advisory Council ‒ Open only to undergraduates. All disciplines are welcome. Meets every first Tuesday of the month at 4:30pm in the Learning Commons Suite Conference Room, Strozier Library.
● Graduate Student Advisory Council – Open only to graduate students. All disciplines are welcome. Meets every second Friday of the month at 11am in the Graduate Conference Room (005B) in the Scholars Commons, Strozier Library. For questions regarding this council, please contact Abby Scheel at email@example.com.
● STEM Student Advisory Council – Only open to STEM undergraduate and graduate students. Meets every second Wednesday of the month at 5pm in the Dirac Conference Room, Dirac Library.
To apply for a position on a Council, please submit theonline form. Students may apply for any of the three Councils for which they qualify. Please make sure you are available during the meeting times of the Councils for which you apply. Councils only meet during Spring and Fall semesters. Applicants will be contacted for an interview, as slots on the Councils are limited. All positions are volunteer-based and last an academic year.
Questions/ Issues Accessing the Form
If you have questions regarding the Councils or encounter issues with the online form, please contact Michelle Demeter at firstname.lastname@example.org.