As FSU Libraries reopen our physical locations, our top priorities are the health and safety of our patrons and employees. Please note that Strozier Library and Dirac Science Library are currently limiting capacity in their buildings based on social distancing and sanitization guidelines.
Below, please find the guidelines all patrons and employees will be asked to follow when using the Libraries' spaces.
All patrons are asked to practice the following safety guidelines when using the Libraries' spaces:
- Maintain social distancing by staying at least 6 feet (2 meters) from other people.
- Wear CDC-compliant cloth face covering at all times.
- Wash hands frequently for at least 20 seconds with soap and water.
- The libraries are individual study only. No group study sessions or meetings are allowed.
- One patron in the elevator at a time is recommended. No more than three people are allowed in the elevator at a time.
- Keep as much distance from others as possible when using stairwells.
- Clean study areas before and after use. Sanitizing wipes are available in these areas.
- When using cleaning supplies, follow the precautions, application directions, and contact time according to instructions. This applies to: disinfectant wipes, hand sanitizers, disposable cleaning towels, and hand soap.
- Properly dispose of any wipes or cleaning supplies after cleaning and disinfection.
- Do not eat food in the libraries.
- No moving of furniture.
Failure to comply with these guidelines may result in removal from premises.
In addition to the safety guidelines listed above, FSU Libraries employees will also comply with the following when in the Libraries' spaces:
- All meetings will take place online if possible. No meetings will take place in small, enclosed spaces.
- Employees will wear CDC-compliant cloth face coverings when not alone in an office or room. Two reusable masks will be issued to each employee. Employees are permitted to use their own, work appropriate, CDC-compliant mask as well.
- Employees will enter and leave Strozier and Dirac using the loading dock entrance.
- Employees will use staff elevators instead of public elevators. Only one person at a time should be inside the elevator.
- Employees will wash hands after contact with frequently touched surfaces or objects such as: counters, tabletops, workstations, doorknobs, bathroom fixtures, toilets, phones, keyboards, tablets, desks, chairs, and any other hard surface.
- When entering or leaving work areas or the facility, employees will be mindful of touching objects including door handles, light switches, elevator buttons, handrails, and other flat and solid surfaces.
Employees will dispose of personal trash from their office in the larger trash cans on the main floors.
- Employees will clean and sanitize work areas before and after use.
- Security will have three security staff in the buildings at all times: one at the desk, one at the turnstiles, and one touring the building. There will also be a supervisor on duty to help relieve staff for breaks, etc.
- All employees will identify themselves by wearing either Libraries t-shirts or their name tag so they can easily be identified as a Libraries employee.
FSU Libraries Fall 2020 Updates
Learn more about accessing the Libraries' collections and services on our COVID-19 update page.
Florida State University Updates
For more FSU news and announcements visit FSU Alerts.