Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are available in Strozier and Dirac Libraries by reservation or on a first-come, first served basis. Reservations may be made online by going to http://lib.fsu.edu/rooms-and-study-spaces. Additional information about room capacity, reservation policies, and available technology is available online or by hovering over the “i” next to each room on the reservation page.
Use of the study rooms in the Strozier Learning Commons and in Dirac is limited to FSU students, faculty, and staff. These rooms remain unlocked at all times, with the exception of Room 107K in Strozier, which is kept locked. Keys to 107K may be checked out at the Learning Commons Circulation Desk. Advanced reservations are available for groups of 5 or less who are using the Mondopad. Walk-ins are accepted for groups of 6 or more.
Group study rooms in the Scholars Commons are limited to use by FSU graduate students, post-docs, and faculty. Keys for these rooms may be checked out at the Scholars Commons service desk.
The following policies apply to group study rooms in the Strozier Learning Commons, Scholars Commons and Dirac:
- Rooms are for use by groups of 2 or more.
- Group members must show up within 15 minutes of their reservation time or the room may, at the discretion of the staff, be released for others to use. The room may not be 'held' by an individual waiting for a group.
- Room keys may not leave the library.
- Libraries are not responsible for loss or theft of personal property. Do not leave personal belongings unattended; unattended items may be removed by building security upon the request of a group wishing to use the room.
- Room users may be asked to vacate any room by staff, and reservations for the room cancelled as needed.
- Windows must remain uncovered.
- Rooms are not soundproof. Please respect the need for quiet spaces.
- There is a $10 late fee for returning keys, plus $10 for each additional hour.
Individual Study Rooms
Strozier Individual Study Rooms
A number of individual study rooms in Strozier Library are available to all FSU faculty and students with a valid FSU ID. Rooms may be renewed if no one else is waiting. Individual study rooms are available on a first-come, first-served basis. Keys may be checked out at the Learning Commons service desk on the first floor. Students registered with the Student Disability Resource Center are eligible to use designated individual study rooms for a 4 hour loan period. Keys that are checked out for the use of an individual study room must be returned on time in order to avoid fees ($10 late fee, plus $10 each additional hour the key is returned late.)
Graduate Student Individual Study Rooms
Some individual study rooms are available to FSU graduate students for extended use (two weeks). Preference is given to graduate students studying for qualifying exams or writing a prospectus or dissertation. Keys for graduate student individual study rooms are available for checkout at the Learning Commons service desk. Keys that are checked out for the use of an individual study room must be returned on time in order to avoid fees ($10 late fee, plus $10 each additional hour the key is returned late.) If a key is lost, a replacement fee will be issued of $75.
Faculty Individual Study Rooms
A limited number of individual study rooms are available for FSU faculty to use on a semester-long basis. Requests should be submitted through this online form. Preference is given to full-time FSU faculty on sabbatical, working on a writing or research-intensive project, or whose departments are not located on the main campus. Keys for faculty individual study rooms are available for checkout in the Scholars Commons office. If a key is lost, a replacement fee will be issued of $75.
Dirac Individual Study Rooms
Individual study rooms in Dirac Science Library are available to faculty and students. These may be reserved online by current FSU faculty and students for up to four hours at a time. Unreserved individual study rooms are available on a first-come first-served basis.
As a courtesy to library patrons and as a protection of library resources and services, the following regulations have been established:
- Use of an individual study room is limited to one person at a time.
- The Libraries are not responsible for materials left in individual study rooms.
- Furniture from other locations in the library should not be moved to the room.
- Individual study rooms are quiet study areas intended for academic use only.
- Keys that are checked out for the use of an individual study room must be returned on time in order to avoid fees ($10 late fee, plus $10 each additional hour the key is returned late.)
- Anyone who checks out a key to an individual study room is responsible for the key.
- If a key is lost or stolen, it must be reported to the FSU Police Department and the police report submitted to the study room coordinator. The individual study room coordinator will request that the FSU Key Shop reissue a key and will notify the user when the key is ready. The user may be required to pay a $75 replacement cost for the key.
- Individual study rooms may be regularly inspected by library staff or campus police and are subject to being checked at any time.
- The University Libraries are not responsible for personal property left in the rooms.