Group Study Rooms
Group study rooms are available in Strozier and Dirac Libraries for students, faculty, and staff on a reservation basis. Reservations are made online through our online booking system found here: http://lib.fsu.edu/rooms-and-study-spaces. Additional information about room capacity, reservation policies, and available technology is available online or by hovering over the “i” next to each room on the reservation page.
In Strozier, the group rooms on the first and third floors are for FSU students, staff, and faculty and must be booked through the booking system. These rooms are unlocked and open whenever the library is open. These rooms can only be booked for two-hour blocks per day.
In Dirac, the group rooms on the second and third floors are for FSU students, staff, and faculty and must be booked through the booking system. These are unlocked, open spaces. These rooms can be booked for up to four hours each day.
Graduate Group Rooms
Graduate group rooms are on the basement floor of Strozier Library. These rooms require a booking and a key that is checked out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor. These rooms are for graduate students and faculty only and are booked for two-hour periods. These rooms can only be booked by a scholar once each day. There is a $10 late fee for returning keys late, plus $10 for each additional hour.
The following policies apply to all group study rooms:
- Rooms are for use by groups of 2 or more.
- Group members must show up within 15 minutes of their reservation time or the room may, at the discretion of the staff, be released for others to use. The room may not be 'held' by an individual waiting for a group.
- Room keys may not leave the library.
- Room users may be asked to vacate any room by staff, and reservations for the room cancelled as needed.
- Windows must remain uncovered.
- Rooms are not soundproof. Please respect the need for quiet spaces. (The graduate group rooms are on a quiet floor).
- Furniture from other locations in the libary should not be moved to the room.
- FSU Libraries is not responsible for loss or theft of personal property. Do not leave personal belongings unattended; unattended items may be removed by building security upon the request of a group wishing to use the room.
Individual Study Rooms
Strozier Individual Study Rooms
We have individual rooms on the second floor Strozier Library available to all FSU faculty and students with a valid FSU ID. These are first come, first serve, and keys are available for check out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor. These rooms are loaned for a 4-hour period and can be renewed at the Circulation Desk if there are more keys available and no one on the waitlist. There are also two individual study rooms that are ADA compliant that are first come, first serve, as well. These keys are also available at the Circulation Desk. There is a $10 late fee for returning keys past the due date, plus $10 for each additional hour.
Graduate Student Individual Study Rooms
We also have two-week individual rooms on the second floor of Strozier Library available for FSU graduate students to use. These keys are first come, first serve and may be checked out at the Circulation Desk on the first floor. These keys may only be renewed at the Circulation Desk, if there is at least one key still available. If there are no keys available, you must return the key at the due date and wait 24 hours before checking it out again, if no one else checks it out. Keys must be returned on time to avoid fees – there is a $10 late fee, plus $10 for each additional hour.
Faculty Individual Study Rooms
There are five individual study rooms in Strozier Library reserved for faculty for semester-long use. Requests to use these rooms must be submitted through this online form. Preference is given to full-time FSU faculty on sabbatical, working on a writing or research-intensive project, or whose departments are not located on the main campus. Keys, once reserved, are available for check out at the Strozier Circulation Desk. If a key is lost, a replacement fee of $75 will be issued.
Dirac Individual Study Rooms
Individual study rooms in Dirac Science Library are available to faculty and students. These may be reserved online through the booking system by current FSU faculty and students for up to four hours at a time. Unreserved individual study rooms are available on a first come, first serve basis. These rooms can only be booked by a scholar once per day. These rooms do not have keys and are on a reservation basis.
As a courtesy to library scholars and as a protection of library resources and services, the following regulations have been established for all individual rooms:
- Use of an individual study room is limited to one person at a time.
- FSU Libraries is not responsible for materials left in individual study rooms.
- Furniture from other locations in the library should not be moved to the room.
- Individual study rooms are quiet study areas intended for academic use only.
- Individual study rooms may be regularly inspected by library staff or campus police and are subject to being checked at any time.