FSU Libraries offers a professional subject librarian to each department, school, and program who provides tailored instruction, research assistance, and collection building. Search below for YOUR subject librarian.
Under the photo of the Subject Specialist is a link to request a consultation with that librarian. If you are not sure what librarian to choose use this form and we'll help choose the best librarian for your needs.
What can your subject librarian do for you?
- Serve as your first point of contact for information about library resources and services
- Select and purchase materials to support your research and current course curricula
- Collaborate with you to design and facilitate instruction sessions or workshops to introduce learners to the major research methods and tools used in specific disciplines
- Provide research support and help navigating the Libraries’ resources and find relevant information
- Create course guides or comprehensive subject guides for your students
- Provide support and consultation in areas such as citation management, plagiarism, and copyright
- Provide support and consultation in data discovery, analysis, and management
- Work with you to find Open Educational Resources for your instruction and for your students
Request a consultation with Renaine Julian
Renaine Julian is the Director of STEM Libraries at Florida State University. In this role, he oversees a team of science librarians and staff that provide support for STEM scholars across the research and learning lifecycles. Renaine has a MLIS, a MS in Urban and Regional Planning and a BS in Political Science all from Florida State University. His research interests include: library leadership and administration, scholarly communication, and open science.
About The Florida State University Libraries
The mission of the University Libraries is to support and enhance the learning, teaching, research, and service activities of the Florida State University...