Loan Use and Liability
- Laptops and laptop peripherals (power cords) may only be checked to current FSU students, faculty and staff with a valid Library Card and a 2nd form of photo identification.
- All borrowers must sign an FSU Library Laptop Computer Loan Agreement, accepting responsibility for the repair or replacement of the laptop (up to $1,800) and/or peripherals (up to $500) in the event of loss, theft, or damage. This agreement will be signed once per semester and the signed agreement will be kept on file. Replacement cost and prices will be based on current market costs.
- Borrowers may not install their own software, or change system settings.
- A printable version of the FSU Laptop Computer Loan Agreement is available for download.
- LAPTOPS SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED. Strozier Library is not responsible if a laptop or laptop peripherals are stolen or damaged during the borrower's loan period. The borrower is responsible for the laptop and all peripherals until it has been returned and checked in by staff.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a 4 hour loan period. Overdue fines are $10 per hour.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved or held for individual or group use.
- Laptops are to remain in Strozier Library for the duration of the loan period, and may be renewed once, if no other borrower is waiting.
- Laptops and laptop power cords must be returned to the Services Desk staff person. DO NOT leave the laptop unattended at the desk without proper staff check in.
- Laptops will stop circulating two (2) hours before Strozier Library closes on Friday, Saturday, and special (holiday) hours. All laptops are due back one (1) hour before the Undergraduate Services Desk closes regardless of when they were checked out.
- For Strozier Library hours: http://www.lib.fsu.edu/library-hours
- Dell™ Latitude™ D620
- Intel® Core™ Duo processor
- 60 GB C: Drive
- 2.00 GHZ of RAM
- Sony CD/DVD Drive
- Microsoft Windows XP Version 2002, Service Pack 2
- USB port s (2)
- Laptop Power Cord
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Reader 8
- Adobe Shockwave Player
- Microsoft Office Professional Edition 2007
- Windows Media Player 11
- Windows Movie Maker
- Mozilla Firefox
- Internet Explorer
Directions to Connect with WIFI
- Double click on the Mozilla Firefox icon on the desktop.
- Once open, the Florida State University window to log in will appear.
- Log in with your FSUID and password.
- Directions to Print
- Once logged in, you can select PRINTER A (which is found near the elevators on the Main Floor Annex).
- Laptop borrowers may save via email, to a writable CD, or to a USB memory stick/key. These must be provided by the laptop borrower. Files can be temporarily saved to the MY DOCUMENTS folder, however, all files in this folder are deleted once the laptop is restarted or turned off.
- Laptop borrowers that restart the laptop computer or it turn off, ALL FILES ARE AUTOMATICALLY DELETED. Please make sure to save your files as mentioned under ‘Saving Files’.
- Strozier Library is not responsible for lost information. It is the borrowers’ responsibility to properly save and store all user created information and files.
- Remember to check battery life, even though the power cord is with the borrower’s laptop, it is still advised to monitor power life of the laptop.
- Laptop borrowers will have support on laptop usage. Please seek assistance at the Services Desk.
- Should borrowers have issues related to laptops, please contact the Undergraduate Media and Technology Department, 850-644-3084.
Need more information? Call:
Jessica Barmon (850) 644-3084
Circulation- Undergraduate Services (850) 644-1486