FSU V Lab Instructions for uploading and downloading files through FSU V Lab on Mac and PC.
This is a staple program for artists and graphic designers that has been around since 1988. It is part of Adobe’s suite of creative programs and contains a powerful set of tools for photo editing and manipulation, for graphic design, and for art.
According to Adobe, “Photoshop is the world’s most advanced digital imaging software, used by photographers, designers, web professionals, and video professionals. The app gives you the utmost power and creative control for 2D and 3D image manipulation and compositing, video editing, and image analysis.”
Use this program if you need:
- Major photo editing or manipulation
- Logos and graphics
- Rasterized and EPS Files (best to use Adobe Illustrator for Vector Files)
- A project requiring the use of detailed layers
This program is not the best for:
- Basic graphics
- Book layouts (use InDesign instead)
If you are not familiar with Photoshop already and only need to create a simple poster, presentation, brochure, or graphic, consider using Canva. An introduction to this web-based program can be found here.
For quick guides and more resources on Photoshop, take a look at the Photoshop LibGuide.
- Official Tutorials -- Adobe has an extensive collection of tutorials for beginners and experts
- Tools Overview -- For an at-a-glance look at where to find basic tools and functions in Photoshop
- LinkedIn Learning -- These extensive courses and tutorials can be accessed for free through your FSU account under Resources
- Phlearn Tutorials -- This site includes both free and more in-depth paid tutorials dealing with various tricks and tools of Photoshop
- Photoshop User Guide -- This site links to various PDFs explaining the features and tools of Photoshop
- Photoshop Community -- This forum is a space to communicate with other Photoshop users and ask questions about features or problems