Fall 2020 Semester Update: Technology checkout will be limited to Laptop & Chargers only.
Equipment is available for checkout to current FSU students, faculty, and staff with their current FSUID cards. All equipment must be returned to the circulation desk of the lending library. University Libraries is not responsible for any late fees that may accrue as a result of returning items at incorrect locations. Patrons may renew their items in person at the lending library if no other patron is waiting.
To view available equipment, please visit Borrow Equipment.
Late and Replacement Fees
All items have set late and replacement fees. Once a patron has been charged a replacement fee, a new item will be ordered and the library will not accept a late return. For fine disputes, please contact the Library Fines Management at (850) 645-8822.
For information on specific item lending periods and their late fees, please visit Technology Lending and Late Fee Information
Loan Use and Liability
- Laptops and laptop peripherals (power cords) may only be checked to current FSU students, faculty and staff with a valid Library Card.
- All borrowers accept responsibility for the repair or replacement of the laptop (up to $1,800) and/or peripherals (up to $500) in the event of loss, theft, or damage. Replacement cost and prices will be based on current market costs.
- Borrowers may not install their own software, or change system settings.
- LAPTOPS SHOULD NEVER BE LEFT UNATTENDED. Strozier Library is not responsible if a laptop or laptop peripherals are stolen or damaged during the borrower's loan period. The borrower is responsible for the laptop and all peripherals until it has been returned and checked in by staff.
- Laptops may be borrowed for a 4 hour loan period. Overdue fines are $10 per hour.
- Laptops are available on a first-come, first-served basis and may not be reserved or held for individual or group use.
- Laptops are to remain in Strozier Library for the duration of the loan period, and may be renewed once, if no other borrower is waiting.
- Laptops and laptop power cords must be returned to the Services Desk staff person. DO NOT leave the laptop unattended at the desk without proper staff check in.
- Laptops will stop circulating two (2) hours before Strozier Library closes on Friday, Saturday, and special (holiday) hours. All laptops are due back one (1) hour before the Undergraduate Services Desk closes regardless of when they were checked out.
- For Strozier Library hours: http://www.lib.fsu.edu/library-hours
- Dell™ Latitude™ E5450
- Intel® Core™ I7-5600U @ 2.6GHz
- LCD,14 in
- Microsoft Windows 10 64-Bit
- 240 GB SSD
- 8.0GB of RAM
- SD Card Insert
- HDMI and VGA Input
- USB port s (3)
- Laptop Power Cord
- Adobe Flash Player
- Adobe Acrobat 2017
- Adobe Shockwave Player 12.3
- Microsoft Office Professional Plus 2016
- Second Life Viewer
- NVivo 12
- Notepad ++
- Windows Media Player
- Mozilla Firefox
- Google Chrome
- Internet Explorer
Directions to Connect with WIFI
- Click on the wireless icon on the bottom right corner of the screen and choose FSUSecure to Connect.
- Sign in with your FSUID and password.
- Laptop borrowers may save via email or to a USB memory drive. These must be provided by the laptop borrower. Files can be temporarily saved, however, all files are deleted once the laptop is restarted or turned off.
- Laptop borrowers that restart the laptop computer or it turn off will have ALL FILES AUTOMATICALLY DELETED. Please make sure to save your files as mentioned under ‘Saving Files’.
- Strozier Library is not responsible for lost information. It is the borrowers’ responsibility to properly save and store all user created information and files.
- Remember to check battery life, even though the power cord is with the borrower’s laptop, it is still advised to monitor power life of the laptop.
- Laptop borrowers will have support on laptop usage. Please seek assistance at the Services Desk.
- Should borrowers have issues related to laptops, please contact Access Services and Delivery, 850-644-3084.
Need more information?
Jeff Hipsher- firstname.lastname@example.org
Circulation- Undergraduate Services (850) 644-1486
Cameras, Projectors, etc.
Projectors, cameras, tripods, and other select equipment are available for 3 day checkout to all FSU students, faculty, and staff. Due to heavy circulation, SD cards may not be formatted and batteries may not be charged. It is the patron's responsibility to save and delete any images and video prior to returning items. These items are first come, first served and may not be placed on a waitlist. See waitlist policies below for more information.
Headphones, Cables, etc.
Various electronic accessories are available for checkout through University Libraries. Items may not be reserved, however if the item you are searching for is unavailable, you may be placed on a waitlist for the next available item. See Equipment Waitlist below for more information.
For more information on fines and lending policies please visit Borrowing Equipment
If an item is not available, patrons may request to be placed on a waitlist in person at Strozier or Dirac Science Library. Patrons are then given a pager which will vibrate and light up when the item becomes available. After ten minutes if the item has not been checked out, it will become available to the next waiting patron. Pagers may not work properly if taken outside of building and the library is not responsible for missed pages.
Only items available for two to four hour loan may be placed on a waitlist. Items available for three day loan are first come, first served.
FAMU-FSU Engineering Library
Equipment located at the FAMU-FSU Engineering Library is available for check out to Engineering students, faculty, and staff during regular library hours. See Engineering Library hours here.