The Florida Borrowers Program grants limited borrowing privileges to the general collections at FSU Libraries to all Florida residents at no cost.
Florida Borrowers enjoy a 15 item loan limit, with a 30 day loan period per item. They also get access to our online ordering system for holds.
Any person, age 18 and up, residing in the state of Florida who can show proof of residency.
- Check out up to 15 items at time
- 30 day loan period per item
- Access to online hold requests
How to Apply
Simply fill out our registration form, then visit any of our participating libraries with your proof of residency and speak with staff at our Scholar Support Desk.
Proof of Residency
Upon visiting the library, please provide a Florida Driver’s License or state issued ID Card.
When paired with a Passport, the following documentation can be substituted as proof of residency:
- Current lease agreement, dormitory contract, or rent receipt
- Current cable, phone, or utility bill with your street address
- Current automobile registration
- Recent property tax or mortgage payment receipt
- Florida voter registration card
- Recent bank statement with your street address