FSU Libraries offers a professional subject librarian for each department, school, and program who provides tailored instruction, research assistance, and collection building. We also have several research specialists who provide expertise and support related to different scholarly methods and aspects of the research lifecycle that are applicable across multiple disciplines. Search our directory for a librarian that meets your specific needs.
What can your subject librarian do for you?
- Serve as your first point of contact for information about library resources and services
- Select and purchase materials to support your research and current course curricula
- Collaborate with you to design and facilitate instruction sessions or workshops to introduce learners to the major research methods and tools used in specific disciplines
- Create course guides and other learning tools that steer your students to appropriate resources
- Provide support and consultation for your research projects and for data discovery, analysis, and management
- Work with you to find Open Educational Resources for your instruction and for your students
What are some of the services provided by our research specialists?
- Research data services including consultations on data management plans as well as data visualization and analysis
- Consulting on using open publishing services including FSU’s DigiNole Research Repository and in-house, open access publishing program
- Collaboration, training, and advice on incorporating new and emerging digital methods in your research and teaching
- Help and infrastructure to create websites to showcase projects for your research and teaching
- Consulting and in-class instruction on copyright, policy, and research impact