The Digital Library Center (DLC) supports the creation and longevity of Florida State University digital projects. It provides community members with expertise in the digitization of materials, digital project management, metadata creation, and digital preservation. Services include digitizing Special Collections & Archives materials as well as providing consultation for the university’s digital projects. Additionally, the DLC manages and maintains the Florida State University Digital Library in DigiNole: FSU’s Digital Repository.
For information about our work or to request a consultation, email Special Collections (firstname.lastname@example.org) and note in the subject line the area of work you want to discuss. If you want to put in a duplication request with the DLC, submit the duplication request form and a member of our team will be in contact within 3 business days.
Areas of Work
- Provides preservation services for digitized and born-digital materials which fit under the Libraries’ Digital Preservation Policy
- Management of Archivematica, FSU Libraries’ digital preservation system
- Web Archiving (FSU's site on Archive-It)
- Consultation on digital preservation options for projects outside of FSU Libraries
Digital Production Services
- Management of digital production studio staff and equipment
- Advanced digital imaging of Special Collections & Archives material
- Consultation on digital imaging and best practices (FSUDL Imaging Guidelines)
- Transformation of existing description
- Selection and application of standards for individual projects
- Metadata creation
- Consultation and instruction in metadata and data structure standards for FSU community members
- Guidance for metadata harvesting (DigiNole Harvesting Policy)