What You Need to Know About FSU Libraries
Subject librarians are your point of contact for library information, research and instruction support, and collection development.
Data librarians can help you with finding and using research data, data visualization techniques, and research data management planning.
Our Research and Publishing Librarians can help you learn and apply emerging digital research methods, publish your research outputs, and increase the impact of your work. Contact our team for more information about digital scholarship services.
Consult with Special Collections & Archives staff regarding use of materials in class assignments, scholarship, research, and general inquiry.
We've gone beyond the physical library to integrate library resources and offer research support for our online and extended campus community with Off Campus Services & Resources
DigiNole: FSU's Research Repository - A digital publishing platform for depositing scholarly works and data.
Register for Library Express Delivery and have your library materials sent directly to your departmental office. Or use our Curbside Pick Up service at Strozier Library for easy, contactless, materials delivery. Learn about more options to get materials.
Request articles, books, and more from libraries around the world through InterLibrary Loan
- Digital Humanities - Project support from development to data management & visualization to publishing digital editions.
- UBORROW - Request materials directly from participating libraries within Florida's state university and college systems.
- Digital Library Center - The Digital Library Center (DLC) provides assistance with digitization of materials, digital project management, metadata creation, and digital preservation.
- Innovative Technologies - Consultations are available on scholarly applications of 3D printing/scanning, virtual reality, GIS software, and audiovisual media analysis & annotation.
- The Open Scholars Project is an informal community to learn about and discuss developments in open access (open publishing, open source code and open data) across subject areas. It brings faculty, postdocs and graduate students from across disciplines together to implement open praxis in their research projects. The group meets monthly each semester.
- Instructional Materials - Assistance finding teaching resources and implementing open or affordable instructional materials into courses.
- Course Reserves - Set up print or electronic materials and streaming media reserves for your courses.
- Instruction and Training - Instructors can request synchronous and asynchronous demonstrations, workshops, and instruction sessions on syllabus and assignment development, teaching digital tools in the classroom, and creating open educational resources.
- Circulating Technology - Check out equipment, download software, and access assistive technologies.
- Canvas Support and Integration - Embedded support in Canvas, including library resources and services tailored to your course or subject area.
- Florida State Open Publishing provides publishing services for journals, monographs, open educational resources, and digital scholarship projects.
- DigiNole: FSU's Research Repository - A digital publishing platform for depositing scholarly works and data.
- Copyright support and consultations related to publishing agreements, IP ownership and licensing, and using copyrighted materials in teaching and research.
A librarian is assigned to each department, school, and program who provides tailored instruction, research assistance, and collection building.
What can your subject librarian do for you?
- Serve as your first point of contact for information about library resources and services.
- Select and purchase materials to support your research and course curricula.
- Collaborate with you to design and facilitate instruction sessions or workshops to introduce learners to the major research methods and tools used in specific disciplines.
- Provide research support and help you navigate the Libraries’ resources and find relevant information.
- Create course guides or comprehensive subject guides for your students.
- Provide support and consultation in areas such as citation management, plagiarism, and copyright.
- Consultation Services in data discovery, analysis, and management.
- Work with you to find Open Educational Resources for your instruction and for your students
Special Collections & Archives
Special Collections & Archives supports the work of faculty and students across all departments and divisions of the University. With world-class resources, our collections span the historical record, and include archives, rare books, manuscripts, photographs, and other materials that tell the story of our collective past and document the history of Florida State University.
The Special Collections Research Center is located in Strozier Library and the Claude Pepper Library inside of the Claude Pepper Center. Special Collections & Archives staff are available to help with reference and research and digitization services.
Research Data Services
Data Librarians can help you with finding and using research data, data visualization techniques, and research data management planning. For more information and to schedule consultations and instruction, please Research Data Services for more information.